Friday 20 March 2009

Selvedges are beautiful


Yes, I am still alive. I have been doing boring but necessary stuff since my return from Melbourne such as calculating costs and typing up price lists for new products.

Here are a couple of pics from the Craft Show including the absolutely fabulous dress from Ric Rac created solely from selvedges. Selvedges are the non-fraying edges of woven fabrics that are often printed with the company's name. Jodie, Ric Rac's creator, has to be the most talented sewer I have met. Check out her blog for more amazing creations including 3D fabric teapots and cups.



This photo is from the Channel 9 coverage for the Mornings with Kerry-Anne show (see previous entry). Presenter Tracey Atkins is admiring my hemp/organic cotton canvas shorts (not yet available) while chatting to the creative director of the L'Oreal Fashion Festival about eco fashions.


Many of you are wondering if I get any sleep since I am always working at weird hours. Yes, it is now 3 in the morning here in Brisbane, Australia and the secret behind my bad sleeping patterns is that I have my husband relentlessy snoring quite loudly in the background. It's impossible to sleep so I am working instead. What can I do besides snuffing him with a pillow? He refuses to do anything "unnatural" about it. Does anybody have a solution that works?


Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Finki said...

selvages, really. That dress is amazing.

trash said...

Valuim for you and arsenic for him ;-)

MooBear Designs said...

If I had enough selvage I would love to make a skirt... A dress is a little too ambiguous at this stage for me!!! I can't wait to go to the show!!!

Anonymous said...

I did see that interview and was gob smacked by your dress/outfit - tell me more about it. it was amazing.

Thea said...

Visit Ric Rac's blog for more information: http://vintagericrac.blogspot.com/
Jodie is the creator

Related Posts with Thumbnails