Monday 23 August 2010

Just Plain Gorgeous

I've been feeling a little down lately for various reasons, ranging from work to family health issues, so meeting a friend over coffee last Friday and visiting Simone Georget's lovely new shop at Bulimba was just what the doctor ordered.

Located in Bulimba's trendy Oxford Street, "Just Plain Gorgeous" certainly lives up to its name. I have been following Simone's blog, Beach Vintage from its humble beginnings and have always admired Simone's unique style.

Liked a true Queenslander, Simone is no chromophobe!

There were so many things that I liked.

Here's the lovely lady herself, standing in front of the wall that she and her sister wallpapered. The shop is a joint venture between Simone and her two lovely sisters.

Can you see the ceramic birds on the wall (to the left)? They're a little pale against the wall but I really want those. I am meeting Simone for lunch next week; design ideas will be discussed and I foresee bartering opportunities.

You can see more pics of this pretty shop over at Beach Vintage.

Images on this page taken by me (Thea).

11 comments:

Melissa G said...

Oh me-Oh my! That shop is a world of lovely. Such a visual sensation. Thank you for sharing the loveliness.

brismod said...

Coffee with a friend and shopping in a lovely shop is a great pick-me up. Looks like it was a fun day. xx

Julie@beingRUBY said...

Gorgeous Thea
I think I might need a trip to Qld... to snap me out of my mood....

Simone shop is lovely... I always feel cheered visiting her blog.. visiting her shop would be wonderful...

Hope things get brighter for you.. xxx Julie

Unknown said...

Sorry to hear you've been feeling down...but what great therapy, meeting up with a friend and visiting such a beautiful store - lots of lovliness to make you smile from the inside :)

sophie munns said...

Looks well worth a trip to the other side of the river....soon...thanks for this Thea.
Also...hope you are being kind to yourself...sometimes we are SO burnt out that personally challenging things are harder to carry...I know this from good experience...so I wish you well. You deserve a little slow time!
best,
Sophie

Sandrine said...

I found the beach vintage blog by accident the other day and wow beautiful!That sound like another reason to come down shopping!
I hope that you are all ok ...Sophie made some great comments.
Take care lovely Lady xx

Kylie said...

It looks fabulous Thea! I had no idea Simone's shop was in Bulimba. Must get myself on that ferry and cross the river to explore more :) Hope you're feeling more 'up' soon. Kx

posie blogs Jennie McClelland said...

Simply fantastic, gorgeous indeedy, Simone must be so thrilled. Chin up my love, hope your happiness returns promptly, love Posie

Michelle said...

Thanks for all your posts about your out and about trips around Brissy. i now know where to go and visit. This shop looks divine!

Love your makeup purses too.

beachvintage.com said...

Hi Thea, GREAT to see you and thanks for the mention. Looking forward to our meeting and a catch up on life! Thanks for all your well wishes for my new shop. xx

Tina said...

Oh I LOVE Simone and her beautiful blog. I am so happy to see these beautiful pics of her store! Thank you so much for sharing them! Enjoy your lunch with Simone & I cannot wait for my next trip to Brisbane, so i can visit Just Plain Gorgeous ~ Tina x

Related Posts with Thumbnails