Friday 24 September 2010

Earthgirl Fabrics

Earthgirl Fabrics is an on-line fabric and notions store based in Melbourne and is now stocking Thea & Sami linen tea-towels.

Owner Annabel Jones lives with her husband and two children, aged 6 and 8 and has been running Earthgirl Fabrics for about 18 months now. As we love to know the people behind small business, I asked Annabel to tell us a little about herself. In her words:

"My mum taught me to knit when I was at primary school (I used to knit in the playground and later on the train on the way to high school!) and to sew (I used to sew my own mini skirts!), but it wasn't until I found craft blogs on the internet a few years ago that my obsession really took hold. Life is very busy with parenting, helping out at the children's school and running the business (as well as sewing when I get the chance), but I love what I do and feel very lucky to have opportunity to combine work with my crafting passion".

I have listed some of the goodies that you will find at Earthgirl Fabrics. A collection of the cutest ribbons. I think my favourite is the LOVEchirp from Farbenmix Germany.

A selection of lovely sewing patterns. If you do have the time to sew and to read books on picnics, the Reading Pillow is a novel idea from Sew Liberated.

If you like the idea of quilting but not cutting, then you may like the City Weekend Charm Pack. The sweet pre-cut squares are part of the lastest fabric collection by Oliver+s for Moda Fabrics.

You could end up with a quilt like this. I love the white background.

Now for the best part. Earthgirl Fabrics is hosting a blog giveaway and the prize is a Thea & Sami hand-printed linen tea-towel of your choice. What are you waiting for? Visit Earthgirl Fabric blog to enter. The giveaway is drawn on Tuesday, September 28.

My regular Friday Follower column will resume in a couple of weeks. Today, I am taking the rest of the day off to spend with my daughter. Happy Friday!

Images are courtesy of Earthgirl Fabrics except for tea-towels image by me (Thea).

1 comment:

Sandrine said...

Beautiful online shop! I just tried my luck :) x

Related Posts with Thumbnails