Sunday 20 November 2011

Breathing Colours - Balmain

This one is for Sydneysiders looking for a lovely place to buy unique Christmas gifts.

Located in harbourside Balmain, Breathing Colours is a contemporary art gallery and gift shop that presents the work of a diverse range of talented Australian artists and designers.

They now carry a range of Thea & Sami hand-printed linen tea-towels too. Find them at 446 Darling Street, Balmain. Visit their blog for more information or LIKE their Facebook Page.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend. Voyt and I are taking it very easy.

5 comments:

Sydney Steenland said...

It must feel great to sell your product through these amazing stores. Hope you both had a chilled out weekend,
Sar x

Unni Strand said...

Hi Thea.

I have had problems with white prints on natural linen. But I can see that you are making some lovely teatowels with white print. Have you never experienced any problems with the white colour going off in the wash?

Thea said...

Hi Sarah, yes I do love the type of stores that are buying and selling our products. Unni; we heat-set our towels twice through a tunnel dryer at 100 C. Are you just using an iron? Maybe it's not hot enouhg?

Unni Strand said...

Thank you for answering, Thea. I'm heat setting by ironing on about 200 degrees C. I have made throughly tests that went well, but still experience that the colour goes off at the same fabric. Perhaps another batch. I can't figure it out. Other colours do well. Is it more challenging to print on linen compared to cotton?

Thea said...

Hi Unni, it's very difficult for me to know what the problem is without seeing your work. It could be the ink you're using or not ironing long enough? Sorry I can't be more help from afar.

Related Posts with Thumbnails