Wednesday 27 May 2009

Great Balls of Fluff!

Do you know what this is?


Until today, I never knew that angora rabbits could look like giant balls of fluff! I do hope that most of you, unlike my husband, realise that this is the front end of the animal.


This variety is looking more like a rabbit as you can see the bunny ears.


This cutie is my personal favourite.


And this is the rabbit shearing. The rabbit must be safely tied down so that it doesn't move and be harmed. Angoras must be sheared regularly otherwise they overheat and can also die from digesting too much of their own fur when grooming. Rabbits are incapable of vomitting so this is a real problem. Photo is courtesy of Juliation Blog and more information can be found here at Angora.

17 comments:

~ ennui ~ said...

This is the cutest thing I've ever seen!

Loralynn said...

These are hysterical! I especially love the gray one! Too cute!

mygirl said...

omg I want one
think he could be a perfect companion for my ragdoll pussy cat
that shearing looks a little traumatic though,but I suppose there is no way around that one

farmhouse wares said...

Hmmm. I have a cat that looks like this.

Jules@MoonCatFarms said...

Those are absolutely darling. What a neat post.

beachvintage.com said...

How funny are the faces. The poor little white one getting shaved doesn't look to happy...

Unknown said...

I have an angora bunny. but we don't have as advanced stuff as that for plucking.

Sandrine said...

These are soooo funny, I tend to agree with your hubby...you have to really look;)

Lisa said...

This is amazing to look at!

Ali said...

Oh my! I've never seen bunnies like this! so cute. How I wish we were allowed to keep bunnies here :(

Cathy {tinniegirl} said...

My goodness. I've never seen Angora rabbits before. The shearing process doesn't look like much fun for the poor rabbit.

Christy Amular said...

a bunny cat! what a luxurious looking bunny he is. thanks for sharing!

Thea said...

Thanks for reminding me Ali, I did mean to mention that keep a bunny is illegal in the State of Queensland. Farmers hate them!

Thistle Cove Farm said...

Leslie, over at Greenberry House, holds her rabbits in her lap and shears them. When the human spends a lot of time with her animals, the animals don't get stressed out when being sheared.
Just another way of doing the same thing.

Ginny said...

Oh my gosh, I've always wondered about that. I'm loving that gray one!

Little Jane St said...

How bizarre! They are just too cute!

trishie said...

OMGosh! I've never been a bunny quite like that before.

Related Posts with Thumbnails