Saturday 3 October 2009

Beachy Prints

Yesterday was a day for playing with prints. I love screen-printing in layers and here are the results.







The deck chair and beach umbrella that I asked Eleni, aka Curlyhead Design, to draw for our new range of beach-inspired "Summer Days" totes. I haven't finished sewing the bags yet but will do so tonight in time for the Young Designers Market tomorrow. They are made of a sturdy organic cotton canvas and are washable.

It was Eleni's idea to design the retro bathers print. I couldn't decide between black or red so have done a few of each. Which do you prefer?


And with my current fish obsession, I had to print them over the stripes too. I am thinking summer deck cushions.

For you clever crafty types, I'm off to pack some fabric packs. If you're in Brisbane, I hope to see you tomorrow at Southbank!

Posted by Picasa

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

oooh these are gorgeous hard to pick a fave bathers one I like them both!!!

Sandrine said...

wishing you a nice market day, I like the red better I think...but hard to choose they are really nice!

Anonymous said...

I love the fishies!! Great prints!

Thanks for your comment... I am so happy to be back on here again and look forward to sharing my fun times here in sunny Cairns!! :-)

Thanks and chat soon!

Lizzie

admin said...

Great stripes & bold colours!:) Hope market went well.

Porchlight Interiors said...

The deckchair design is very cute! Tracey xx

Michelle said...

Love the bathers...
I like the black but I do think they look great in both...
Hope the markets went well...
and the weather stayed shining for you...

beachvintage.com said...

As you know I love these fishy prints Thea.

Melanie Gray Augustin said...

Funky fresh designs! I love those bathers - love both of them. The red is beautifully vibrant, but I like how the black is solid against the background.

Hope you had a good one at YDM on Sunday.

Anonymous said...

Loving the fish over the stripes! So much fun! :)

Tania said...

Thea, I'm loving your fishies - and now that I own an apron of them, just can't get enough!

Unknown said...

Red, Red! It brings out the beige...I saw the black the night before last and it is more wearable everyday.
LOVING the new look blog by the way Thea. When are we having our photoshoot? Georgi X

A Pretty Trip said...

I love those prints - especially the retro bathers! You sell packs at the young designers' market? I'm definitely going to come down next time and buy some.

Thanks for stopping by my blog - I'm so glad you did - I'm having such a great time reading through yours!! You do amazing work!

Thea said...

Yes, I have lots of packs to sell and will have more at the next markets.

Related Posts with Thumbnails