Thursday 4 February 2010

Thank Goodness

I'm thankful for the lovely designers that are sewing our hand-printed fabrics because I just feel like things aren't happening as quickly as I would like over at the Thea & Sami Camp. Am I just impatient or do many of you feel frustrated that you're not where you would like to be at any given time?

On a positive note, it is gratifying when people choose our fabrics and to see what they make with them. I love this bag by Margaret at Konstant Kaos using our Marguerite print in red on hemp/organic cotton. Fully washable, this creation will be one available at the Northside Makers Market in Melbourne on Saturday.

Margaret has also created a range of ever-so-wicked Wizard of Oz bags and purses. Fun!

We make our own range of hemp/organic cotton tea-towels from our printed fabrics but I love the retro spin the Shimi girls have put on theirs. The set of two, comprises of a bamboo fabric hand-towel featuring our Fretwork design in red and includes a tea-towel in the same fabric.The sets are also available in other colours here.

I spent some time looking around in the Shimi store and discovered that they have a range of very innovative maternity fashions and for new mothers. How stylish is the LBD - that's short for Little Breastfeeding Dress. The cleverly designed split-level front allows for discreet baby feeding.

Speaking of markets, I will be peddling my wares in Brisbane this Sunday at the Young Designers Market. If you are in Southbank, please say hello. I will be sewing some new products tomorrow and will bring plenty of fabric and scrap packs along for your crafty types.

Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

julie said...

I wish I could sew (properly) so I could make something with your fabric, I don't know if it is me or the sewing machine I'm learning on (probably me!!) but I am hopeless :( That bag is really cute isn't it! Can't wait to see your new patterns printed..

Tania said...

Wow. Your fabric looks gorgeous masquerading as a bag and the LBD almost makes me regret the recent giving up of the breastfeeding (almost, I said). As far as impatience and goals and all that whatnot, I have a theory there is too much talent, drive and savvy over in the Thea & Sami Camp. Hold on to your hat, lady!

Pesky Cat Designs said...

Your fabrics are just brilliant! It must be nice to see others using your fabric to make handbags and other items. That bag is adorable. I'm always eager to see what new patterns you are designing.
Best of luck at the market. :)

Margaret said...

Hey, thanks for the shout out. I am hoping to have the other two bags made (black and white) sometime tonight

Jennie said...

Konstant Kaos's bags are wonderful, she's not afraid of 'hardware'! There's always a tricky little key clip or secret pocket inside.

posie blogs Jennie McClelland said...

That is a cute LBD. Love the red & white fabric on the bag, striking!! Love Posie

PS how hilarious that next to Tania's comment my word verification is 'norks' & she's talking about breastfeeding. he he he

Related Posts with Thumbnails