Monday 17 January 2011

Brisbane City Screen Print

My Brisbane City design is now available for sale as a screen-printed art panel. This is something I have been wanting to do for ages and decided that the time was now or never.

The design had a previous life as the famous award-winning "Brisbane Skirt" as worn here by our local heroine, Anna Bligh.

This is my tribute to our fair city and to all the heroes out there. I am donating 20% of all sales from this screen-printed panel to the Premier's Flood Appeal. I have worked like crazy to get this ready and onto the website before I get back to work today.

Update: Proceeds from sales will be given donated until February 28.

You can see it hanging in my living room. Please ignore the ugly curtains. They came with the house and I can't wait to replace them with nicer ones made from our own fabrics.

The design is stretched over a 40 x 20 inch artist's canvas which is the perfect size for it. The canvas is not included in your purchase but you can find them through artist's supplies stores or Art Riot on-line here.

Many of you have asked about my husband. Voyt is not well so I am quite stressed as he is expected to be in hospital for at least 3 weeks and with the Life Instyle trade show only a month away - I have a lot to do! I will have to pay two studio rents again this month as I can't possibly deal with the new studio relocation on my own, especially with all my extra commitments.

I implore that you support Queensland businesses where possible. It will be very important for our economic recovery.

17 comments:

the old boathouse said...

This is great Thea and so appropriate just now. The skirt is amazing, I must have missed that post as I was unaware. Great work, cheers Katherine

Tina said...

What a fabulous print, Thea!! You must have worked VERY hard to get it ready for today. Wishing you all the success with your sales, lovely. Again, I am sorry to hear that Voyt is so unwell, I hope he starts to improve asap. It sounds like it is going to be a busy and packed next few weeks for you, but I know you can get through it!! You will have us all here willing you on. Huge hugs to you for a fabulous start to a new week ~ Tina xx

Exquisite Accessories said...

Hi Thea, thats a great print I love it your must be so tired! Gosh Voyt and yourself must be so frustrated I hope he isn't in hospital for too much longer. I so wish i was still living in Brissy I would have been over to help in a heart beat! Hope all your sewing is organised if not give me a call. Big hugs Elaine x

sue said...

Oh my Thea - you have done an amazing job to get the print ready so quickly with everything that is going on in your life. All you can do is put one foot in front of the other, try to remain positive and adopt the mantra "this too shall pass"! Good luck - if good wishes from your bloggy pals could heal Voyt, he would be healthy in an instant. Thinking of you both.

beachvintage.com said...

Well said Thea, many small businesses will be suffering. A few of my suppliers at West End have gone completely under and may never recover.

White French said...

Dear Thea if there is anything i can do to help for you trade fair let me knoW as i have done hundreds of fairs and could be your dogs body.

flowerpress said...

Thea,
I've been away and I'm just catching up with your news now. I'm so sorry to hear about all the challenges you are facing.
I do hope things improve quickly for you and Voyt.
I'm not sure of your dates but perhaps I can help in some way with the Instyle too.
Susie

Little Jane St said...

A really lovely idea Thea - Best wishes to you an Voyt.

Emma said...

Love the print Thea. What a talent you are. Sorry to hear about Voyt. All our best wishes here at 'Nest'.

Patty said...

I wish I could do more to help you at this time. I'm sending you {{{HUGS}}} and prayers for Voyt and other family members and friends.

Raine and Sage said...

Hi Thea,
Sorry I've been quite absent the past week, so I'm only catching up today. I'm very sorry to hear about Voyt and hope that he is okay soon. What a beautiful print and initiative. I agree it's so important we look after each other. Sonia

Kris said...

Hi Thea,
Sending your Voyt all sorts of get well soon vibes. I certainly hope he has a speedy recovery.

Lots of hugs for you Thea to help relieve your stress. If you need any help getting things done for the trade show, drop me a line and I'll do my best to help you in any way I can.

Your Brisbane print is absolutely delicious. You Thea are an awesome talent.

Best wishes
Kris xo

Pesky Cat Designs said...

The print is wonderful Thea! Great work. It's looks lovely in your very pretty and inviting living room as well.
Praying that Voyt's leg gets better very soon.

My goodness, you have so much to deal with right now. Sending you big big hugs!

Anonymous said...

What a lovely print! I especially like the skirt version! It is very inspiring to see other screen printers producing lovely things. x

brismod said...

I've always liked that Brisbane skirt. I remember walking past Artisan a few years ago and seeing in their window. I hope Voyt's health will improve. You must be terribly worried. Hugs to you. xx

Tracey said...

Such a stunning print - it looks amazing!

I hope Voyt recovers very soon ... life is certainly stressful enough at the moment without the strain and worry of having a sick loved one.

Be sure to take care of yourself too.
xx

~*~ saskia ~*~ said...

That's a gorgeous print, Thea. It found the perfect place!
Have a happy weekend. xx

Related Posts with Thumbnails