Thursday 14 April 2011

Stops Mean Go!

As you may know, there have been many frustrating delays in setting up our new studio. I just want it all to be done so that our production is super-efficient. Is that too much to ask?

With that thought, I was so happy to get (some of) our new Stops this week. These are adjustable metal markers that are positioned across the registration bar according to the repeat width of each fabric design.

I love them (something that only a fabric printer would understand). They're all even and so easy to adjust. Look Alyssa, we did finally print your fabric order yesterday.

I won't be sad to see the old stops go. They're old and cracked and needed a spanner for adjustment. The spanner sometimes went AWOL and the bolts were worn. We all have to retire at some point.

The problem is that I haven't been given all of my new stops yet as they have to be custom-made and little orders like mine get pushed to the end of the line. Part of my job is to keep being the squeaky wheel with suppliers and there will be more squeaking today.

If you want to see firsthand how the printing stops are used exactly, do come along to our official Studio & Shop opening on April 30th. We have scheduled fabric demonstrations for 11.00 am and 1.00 pm respectively. Are you coming? You may also RSVP here.

2 comments:

Cat Drawings said...

Wonderful to see a really professionally set up print table. I hope you have lots of fun with it.

NessaKnits said...

Keep squeaking ... and get oiled!

Related Posts with Thumbnails