Sunday 24 July 2011

A Day at the Design Fair

How lovely it was returning to these sunny Queensland skies today. I'm not fond of cold weather but even so, I did enjoy my day at the Design:Made:Trade fair in Melbourne on Friday. Here's a quick run down of my visit.

I loved the walk leading to the beautiful Royal Melbourne Exhibition Building where the event was held.

I met some lovely people including talented jewellery designer Emily Green who was working and selling her creations in the makeshift studio environment.

I hung out with sweet Shelley Panton, potter extraordinaire and one of Thea & Sami's favourite homewares stockists.

For a more colourful range of ceramics, you couldn't go past Valissa Butterworth's POP (Pieces of Porcelain) collection.

It was nice to see Brisbane representative Jasmin Pearson there with her My Marching Ants collection of cute stationery and wall stickers.

My purchase of the day was an eco-friendly wooden watch by WeWood. I only wish they came in a smaller, ladies size though. Maybe soon? I did feel good knowing that my purchase meant the planting of another tree.

Have you liked our Facebook page yet? Starting tomorrow, we will be posting a deal of the week every Monday that will only be accessible from our facebook page. I have also scheduled our next Open Studio Day for August 20th. You can RSVP here if you wish to join us.

4 comments:

Anna Bartlett said...

How cool was that! Have clicked on a bunch of those links and will be looking around now!

Tiff said...

Lucky you! I love visiting Melbourne and the Exhibition Centre! There looks like there was an amazing display of items to see too! X

posie blogs Jennie McClelland said...

Yay, you had a great time & brrr, having just left Brisbane, anything south of your Qld boarder is FREEZING!! So glad the Design Fair was worth missing a date with me, tee hee, i'll be back babe, we have unfinished business in your screen printing studio, yay, love Posie

Lisa McGee said...

What an inspiring day! Just the kind of day i'd love.

Related Posts with Thumbnails