Sunday 9 September 2012

Brisbane Mosaics Class

Yesterday was Day 2 of my Mosaics class hosted by Handmade Highstreet in Annerley.

Each participant ended up with a different interpretation of the bird mosaic trivet.

I will never look at coloured glass in the same way again. Now I see potential!

Learning to cut glass. I like that nothing is wasted with mosaics as every little piece can be used.

Getting down and dirty with grouting.
 
Cleaning off the grout.
 
Gaye's bird.


Kath's bird.


My bird.


I already have ideas for my next piece as our house is in desperate need of a new street number. This address plate was made by our teacher, Catherine Conaty.


'Deer Mirror' is Catherine's stunning piece for a group mosaic exhibition currently showing at the Percolator Gallery in Paddington until September 16th.

See Catherine's work and facebook page over at Cairo Made That.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails