Sunday 3 May 2009

All in the Family



Saturday at the Stitches and Craft Show saw some family participation. Voyt Reich, my other half, quickly learnt the difference between linen and hemp to man the Thea & Sami stand while I showed a full house how to screen-print their own fabric designs.



I was delighted to see my young nieces visiting the show and having loads of fun in the Reconstruction Zone. 9 year old Eleni Samios spent hours in there and chose her own fabrics to sew this wrap skirt herself and demonstrated how to wear it to best show the coordinating floral panel. She also hand-made a small cushion with buttons. Eleni now thinks Brother sewing machines are the best and that the day was the most fun craft day of her life!



Younger sister Alexandra glued fabric patches and buttons on to her skirt (not quite finished here) created with help from the bigger girls in the Reconstruction Zone. Green is her favourite colour and she too managed to coordinate her outfit with success. Our crafting future looks bright, don't you think?



And this is Judy modeling our Fabulous Wrap Dress. The fabric is our
Marguerite design, hand-printed on organic linen. She is an antique beauty from circa 1930s. When I told a group of school girls this on Friday, one looked at me and asked if I had been around since the 1930s? Geez! Do I look that old or is basic arithmetic just not being taught in school these days.

Sunday is the last day at the craft show. If you are in Brisbane, please come along and support independent design!


Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

Trish Goodfield said...

Aren't we lucky that our men are quick studies. Explain something to them once and they're pretty much ready to go. I'd be lost without Alan's help.

Purple Paisley Patch said...

The girls are fantastic, the craft gene is strong in your family. You certainly don't look like you've been around since the 1930's, but Judy has aged well! ;-)

beachvintage.com said...

How lovely it is to see the kids getting crafty.

Kylie said...

This is fabulous, Thea. I love how your nieces jumped in and made things in the reconstruction zone.

Helen said...

Aaaah too funny Thea - I have just finished blogging about how I'm having withdrawals from my crafty neighbours!

I also had a giggle as I blogged about that schoolgirl too!

It was so wonderful to meet you and of course all your family and fans. How amazing is Eleni and Alexandra . Look out for the Samios designing Dynasty!

Oh and as Trish said - yay for our Men! Voyt was an instant magnet to the hoards of visitors to your stall Thea - regaling them with his product knowledge - what a man!

Thanks so much for being my Inc buddy.

xh

Thea said...

Helen, you were the best neighbour I could have asked for! I can't believe we live so close in the "real" world too. See you at the Young Designers' Market.

Related Posts with Thumbnails