Wednesday 30 September 2009

Botanique Fashion Parade

One of the annual events I like to participate in is "Botanique" at the Brisbane Botanic Gardens at Mt. Coot-tha. This is quite fitting for me as my "Marguerite" print was inspired by photos I took at the gardens last summer.

The event invites local textile artists to create garments with a botanic theme to be paraded on the evening of Tuesday, 13th October at 6.30 pm in the lovely Japanese Gardens. Wine & Nibbles are provided, of course!









The garments, many one-of-a-kind, will be available for sale on the evening and over the following 5 days at the "Botanique Bazaar" held at the adjacent Richard Randall Studio. Tickets are $25 each, if paid before Oct. 5th or $30 after that date. For ticket sales, please ring Bettina on: 0405 402 340. All funds directly benefit the Botanic Gardens Trust Fund.

Other participants include the wonderful Beatrice Jackson, whose hand-woven scarves I blogged about here and local artists Candice Herne and Sophie Munns.

BTW... do you like the new look of my blog and website? I used the wonderful services of Lynda Briggs of Exquisite Expressions on high recommendation from Sandra of Pepperberry & Co. Thanks Sandra and thank you Lynda!

PS. I did lose some of my previous links in reformatting the blog so if you notice that yours is now missing, please let me know. Hope to see you at Botanique!

Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

Mooce said...

Love the new look !!!

mygirl said...

love it Thea,very nice!

aceh said...

cool...!!!

Kylie said...

What a fabulous event! Good on you for going into this - can't wait to see the pictures :) Love your new blog-look too! K

Pesky Cat Designs said...

All the best to you at Botanique! It sounds like a unique and fun event.

Danielle said...

Hey Thea! Fabulous new blog makeover!!

Melanie Gray Augustin said...

I've been thinking of going to Botanique, have to see if I can get someone to look after the little one as hubby is working that night.

Hope to see you there!

Related Posts with Thumbnails