Monday 18 May 2009

It Runs in the Family

After a short break from teaching screen-printing workshops, they are back in full swing. I was fortunate on Saturday to have taught one of the most delightful groups ever. And they kept smiling even though I had them all waiting at the door but all was forgiven when I turned up with chocolate biscuits.

Emma Summers was the creative genius behind this groovy guy (who for some reason reminds me of Greg Brady). We loved him so much that we encouraged Emma to print him some more.


The result being the one of the coolest table runners of all time, don't you think?


Mum (Emma's that is) Lynne designed and printed these adorable birds (even though she was adamant that she couldn't draw).



Too cute not to be repeated, Lynne also created an envy-worthy table runner. Hence the title of this blog title. I like to think of myself as being very clever when it comes to naming my blog entries but I am probably deluding myself.


Screen-Printing Workshops for May are now full but dates are still available for June. Please check our website for more information and to book your spot.


Due to popular demand, I am also planning advanced workshops. These classes will explore different methods of producing film positives for permanent screen designs (as opposed to stencils). Participants will then choose their favourites to be exposed and will return to spend a day screen-printing their designs. Please contact me to register your interest if you have done the introductory class or have prior screen-printing experience.

More pics to follow from Saturday's screen-printing workshop.


Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

Katy said...

Hi There - i just posted my photos from the workshop too! They were a very talented Mother Daughter team, weren't they!

beachvintage.com said...

Thea these designs that your students have created are wonderful. Congrats to them both.

M* (Melanie) said...

Wow sounds like so much fun! And I agree, that guy definitely looks like Greg Brady. ooo I so wish I could join your classes!! I might have to look for somewhere in Melbourne...

Thea said...

I heard that the Ink & Spindle girls are planning to be teaching classes in Melbourne.

Leonie Guld said...

Hey do you think I could buy one of those fantastic heads? It would look very cool on a tote I have just dyed red.

Thea said...

Hi Leonie, I'll let Emma know. She was the designer.

Related Posts with Thumbnails