Monday 18 May 2009

Pretty Girls Printed and Printing

I want to share more inspiring images from the Thea & Sami Introduction to Screen-Printing Workshop last Saturday (see previous post). I love these printed designs so much; all made from cut stencils.



This pretty face was printed with white ink on black organic linen.



The lips were printed on the calico provided for the class and used for lots of fun experimentation. Both creations are by Celena.



This is Katy (on the left) and Celena showing off their printed fashions. Katy was one of my most enthusiastic printers of all time. You can see heaps more pictures of the day on her blog What Katy Did Design.



This is the closeup of Katy's adorable "Windy Daze" design. What a great teacher I am!



Whose bright idea was it to take this photo? Never stand next to a super model - you will only look shorter and dumpier than usual (and I'm having a bad hair day). You may recognise Celena from a certain breakfast cereal commercial. I'm not saying which as they aren't paying me to advertise here.

Are you jealous of all the great screen-printing that goes on in our studio? Then contact me (Thea Samios).

Posted by Picasa

10 comments:

Leonie Guld said...

How much fun does that look? Tee shirts, what are they again? I am one cold victorian who has a huge dose of green envy!!

Michelle said...

fantastic designs...
just amazing work...
and believe it or not...you look just as good as the "super model"...
bad hair day and all...

Jodie said...

I am dead jealous- I wish I was closer and could come to one of your classes.

Kylie said...

Looks fabulous Thea! What kind of paper did you use for the cut stencils - did you find the aqueous paper? Looks like you had a great day. Isn't Katy's blog great? Did you see Rebecca's Edward + Lilly blog - they had another Brown Owls intake in Brisbane. Are you on the waiting list? (Sorry for all the questions!) K

Thea said...

Yes Leonie, we are still wearing t-shirts here - can't complain. And it's been great weather for drying our fabrics.
Thanks Michelle, you are too sweet!
Jodie, come for a holiday and join the fun!
Kylie, we use contact to make the stencils and stick them directly onto the screens. And as much fun as the Brown Owls are, I won't be joining as I work one day per weekend and need to spend the other with my honey.

9crafty11 said...

You certainly are making those classes look like fun, that I wish to join too! Wait!! I will be joining a class in a couple of weeks, so I can see what it's all about! Don't want to miss out on any fun now! And I can rest assured knowing that you are a "GREAT" teacher, as the results look fabulous~!
Regarding a crafty get-together you were suggesting in a earlier post. Were you still thinking of it? As you have mentioned in a earlier comment in this post that you were too busy for Brown Owls? Just double checking.

Thea said...

Hi Julia, I did suggest forming a Bitch and Stitch group and have found that there is one every Tuesday night at the Three Monkeys at West End. I will check it out soon. I need to keep one day per weekend free for rest!

And So I Whisper said...

Oh my God!!! how I wish you were here!! I've had to learn the hard way. Only a short course in Bolivia last November and then books, and books.... and lots of t-shirts in the dust bin.

Thea said...

You seem to be doing quite well Anabel. I've had to learn a LOT in my business the hard way - I think it sticks that way :)

Jetta's Nest said...

A screen printing class!!! How exciting!!! I'm off to find out when your next classes are (that aren't totally booked out :))

Related Posts with Thumbnails