Saturday 18 July 2009

Swim Fish, Swim

I love our new screen-printed fish fabric! I have named this design "Fraser Island" after the world's largest sand island known for its beautiful, crystal clear lakes as well as the abundance of surrounding ocean fish life. This is keeping within our Queensland inspired themes.



This was our first test print yesterday in a custom-mixed aqua colour. We will be confirming two more colourways soon. I can just see this fabric used in nurseries or bathrooms, don't you?

In response to Anabel's question; there are two special people who are currently helping me screen-print with the large screens. The printers are my husband Voyt and Eleni, my cousin who I will be introducing to you shortly. Both are working for love right now.



Wish us luck tomorrow as we will be attempting to move our 7 m long screen-printing table to the studio next door without having to take it apart. I am very nervous about it!

I would also like to send a big thank you to Sara for featuring Thea & Sami on her blog: Faith, Hope and a Whole Lotta Love.

Posted by Picasa

11 comments:

And So I Whisper said...

Thea, it looks wonderful!!!! The softness of the turquoise on the fabric is great.
Good to hear that family is helping. I also ask my husband for help... not on the craft but with the accounting. Hard to do everything!
Hope the table fits and cannot wait to see the other colors printed. Have a wonderful weekend!

Kylie said...

It looks great, Thea. Congratulations! Good luck with tomorrow's jobs :) K

Pesky Cat Designs said...

That fabric is gorgeous! Best of luck moving your screen printing equipment. :)

Little Mary Moo said...

This is such a beautiful print. I adore the colour you have used. It is lovely to see an Australian themed print that is very non traditional from some of the very "cheesy" Australian prints of animals and the opera house.

Anonymous said...

It looks amazing Thea!! love the freshness & fun of the fish :)

Kellie Collis said...

Divine colour!! x

Unknown said...

Looks excellent!!

PretaPawte said...

looks great Thea! I love the colour

Peta @ Pippiwillow said...

HI Thea, Great first print run sister! It looks great. Be oh so careful moving that table tomorrow - remember 'brace your abs and use your legs for the lift"! Peta xo

House and Doll said...

Love the name Thea.

Christy Amular said...

So gorgeous!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails