Monday 1 February 2010

New Product Samples

This week we will be finalizing colour-ways for our new designs. We have also received new organic fashion fabrics so will be sampling those too. In the interim, I thought I would share our new product developments.

Inspired by all things European right now (and yearning for that overdue trip), we have developed a eco-friendly tea-cosy. Hand-printed on hemp/organic cotton fabric with water-based inks and insulated with Bamboo wadding. I am quite happy with how this turned out. I just want to re-size it as my tea-pot is a little larger than most so I want to make sure it fits over all pots.

Do you like my new porcelain tea-cup sets? Some of you may already know that I collect vintage tea cups as posted here. I have a weakness for roses and these treasures were scored at the New Farm Antiques Centre. I wasn't as fortunate with sourcing quality goods at the Woolloongabba Antique Centre yesterday but it's also the luck of the day.

I am equally excited over our new fabric bread basket. This is also quilted with the bamboo wadding (no nasty polyester here). This is only our first sample but I am impressed with how well it stands up even when filled with bread rolls.

We will be making these to be reversible with coordinating fabrics on either side of the wadding. The other change will be to replace the cheap poly/cotton binding with our own cut fabric one.

I am anxious to make these products with the new designs very soon and to cut and sell some as craft kits too (hear the crafters cheer).

These china doorknobs are totally unrelated except that I also found them at the New Farm Antiques
Centre for only $15 for a set of 3. I couldn't resist.

Please contact me if you are interested in being a stockist of Thea & Sami eco-friendly homewares.

9 comments:

ECOINSPIRED said...

Hi Thea,
Your tea cosy and bread baskets look fabulous. I love the European touch! and especially that you're using sustainable fabrics. Nice work!

posie blogs Jennie McClelland said...

Love it, that bread basket is divine & the tea cosy print - anything white on black is stunning. Love Posie

My Passport to Style said...

Hi there, liking the textile bread basket, your link is now up! Sharon (UK) xx

beachvintage.com said...

Wow Thea, where is this centre, I have not yet visited. I love the vintage china! Love the bread basket to!

beachvintage.com said...

Sorry, I just found the link on your post. I am there! Thanks for this post.

Teneale said...

Oh I loooooove Woolloongabba Antique Centre too ! Tim did the silly thing of taking me there to find a typewriter for xmas, now I want to go again.

And I love those bread baskets and tea cosy ! Maybe Tim should print a suicidal bunny for one lol.

xo T

Duchess of Tea said...

My darling I popped in to wish you a love filled February full of blessings.

Love & Hugs
Duchess

Pesky Cat Designs said...

Love all your flea market finds!

And I absolutely love your new products. The tea cosy is gorgeous and the bread basket is brilliant. Such gorgeous prints on those textiles.

Punctuation Mark said...

Lovely products and love that you are using environmentally freindly fabrics

Related Posts with Thumbnails