Friday 4 June 2010

Friday Follower - Michelle

I have a new friend! I initially met Michelle Mitchell on-line when I stumbled across her blog last week and then we met for real this week.

Michelle is one of the dealers at the (addictive) Woolloongabba Antiques Centre. The name of her shop is called Divine Finds and that they are. This place is a special treat for those who love the romantic and shabby chic but I will let Michelle tell you more:

1. What is "Divine Finds"?

Divine Finds is a newly established vintage homewares store. We sell one-off pieces, many are custom-made for our clients. We have a shop space in the Woolloongabba Antiques Centre (such a great place) and sell privately from our home to designers and private customers.

2. What inspires you?

Beautiful people and things. I am quite open minded to beauty in any format. Anything that is striking to the eye makes me feel alive.

3. Do you accept custom orders for your furniture (or other items)?

Yes absolutely. I am really lucky to have my husband working with me. He is the work horse and I am the creative director! Our signature pieces, trestle tables and bench seats are often custom made to order. They vary in colour and style and are used for outdoor / indoor dining tables or office desks.

We do custom make lovely cushions, lamps and recover the odd piece of furniture too! I love fabrics so anything that involves fabric I'll happily be a part of!

4. What is your design background?

I was a teacher who majored in Textile Art a long time ago! Other than that I'm simply someone who loves design and working with people to bring beauty into their lives.

5. What keeps you busy when you're not working on Divine Finds?

Ten years ago I founded the charity Youth Excel which works with disadvantage youth in Brisbane's high schools. You can check it out on our website. It has been a huge part of my life and my sole focus up until this point. I feel that the design work is really giving my life some balance and a creative outlet.

6. Would you like to share something interesting about you that isn't common knowledge?

I am a teacher who hates reading.

Thank you Michelle but oh dear! I hope there aren't any children reading this although I'm certain that you will all enjoy reading this new book called "Australian Vintage Living". It's available for purchase at Divine Finds or on-line.

Personally, I couldn't resist this vintage cofee table upcycled by Divine Finds so I bought it. I will share some more images from the Antiques Centre with you soon.

Don't forget to check out Michelle's blog and send her some love as she is only new to the blogging world.

All images taken by Thea.

5 comments:

Michelle @ Divine Finds (Australia) said...

Thea this is such a lovely blog! Thanks so much for your support. I am blogging you again now and I have add a goggle followers link as you recommended. Take care and have a great weekend. Michelle

Pesky Cat Designs said...

Great feature! I'm loving the large dining table in the last shot.

Anonymous said...

Hello Thea,
This is a fabulous post on Michelle. She is such a wonderful and inspiring woman and her shop is gorgeous.
Now I have also discovered your blog and I'm in love.
Have a wonderful weekend,
Lou
xx

kit and nancy. said...

oooo...i just love woolloongabba antiques and i love this stall! thanks for finding me, your blog is just gorgeous.

Hazel from Hazel Loves Design said...

I really need to head down and check out the Woolloongabba antiques centre, but I do love Michelle's blog, she is so sweet!! I think you made a great choice with the coffee table, it looks great!

:) Hazel

Related Posts with Thumbnails