Thursday 13 August 2009

Summer Birds

You may remember my recent design collaboration with handbag queen Alyssa Milton of indie label Lyssy May. I had designed and printed the fabric exclusively for her Peacock range of bags.

Now, after a successful winter season, Alyssa has released her Summer range of Peacocks. These are hand-printed by Thea & Sami on hemp/organic cottons and linen/cottons.


 

How cute are these zip-purses?  I am thinking Christmas gifts.




And can a girl EVER have enough tote bags? Especially one as original as this;
inspired by retro cafe curtains.



I am so proud of my friend Alyssa who only moved to Melbourne late last year. A few months ago, I
encouraged her to apply for inclusion in the latest edition of Handmade in Melbourne and of course she was accepted!

 
 

Thea and Sami is in there too, at least by association. Here is a picture of Alyssa's Strut Your Stuff denim satchel featuring my peacock print. Look closer people!

I can't wait to get my copy of this book and you can order your copy from the Lyssy May website as well as any of Alyssa's beautiful hand-made bags.  Other blogging friends included in the book are Betty Jo and Ink & Spindle.


Posted by Picasa

16 comments:

Nikki said...

It must make you so proud when you see your gorgeous fabrics helping to make other people's creations look so fantastic Thea.

Thea said...

Yes, I'm as proud as a peacock :)

Betty Jo said...

The fabric is certainly gorgeous. I picked it as yours straight away.

Little L said...

I looooooove your fabric, it just makes every product look that bit more special, including my own products :)

beachvintage.com said...

Have to get my hands on this book Thea.

MooBear Designs said...

Thea this print is droolable... hehe This choosing a purse might work out harder than I thought... Oh i love looking though... must focus!!

xo Steph

Lyssy May said...

Thanks for the great wrap up Thea and for encouraging me to apply for Handmade in Melbourne. I just love working with you and your fabrics!

madder root said...

Love the fabric and the bags!

Little Jane St said...

Big congrats to you and Alyssa, the new zip purses are very cute!

Exquisite Accessories said...

The peacock looks gorgeous how exciting to be in a book. I am so glad I found you Elaine :)

Sandrine said...

Great creative combination;)

Leonie Guld said...

Those purses are super cute. Pop over to my creative space this week, you may recognize something in the background!!! I LOVE IT!!

beachvintage.com said...

Hi Thea, I love this book, what a great idea. I am buying one now online at Alyssa's website. Thanks for letting us know about it.

Unknown said...

These are about 10 kinds of fabulous! X

Katy said...

They look awesome Thea - you must be very proud...!

Sew Useful Designs said...

Hi Thea! :-)

Wow! Your peacock design is absolutely stunning!

I am really enjoying reading through your blog! And I shall be looking out for a few things in Melbourne now!!!

Warm wishes!
Vikki xx

Related Posts with Thumbnails