Sunday 18 July 2010

Vintage Finds - Cozy

I love these two colourful crochet squares found at my local thrift shop this week and for under $6 each! They are quite large so I will be able to make a pair of 50 cm x 50 cm cushions from them.

Yes, I know that we make beautiful cushions at Thea & Sami but I'm looking for less formal pieces for the living room that is fast becoming my cozy retreat. Along with the Moose & Bird cushions acquired last weekend, I thought these would be perfect.


The pink background is the colour of some linen sitting in my fabric stash and will be used for the backing. I will keep you updated, of course. Have you found anything exciting this week?
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

jules @ The Diversion Project said...

i love granny squares. my nan was a machine when it came to making these. sadly she never taught me!

nadine paduart said...

perfect indeed. if our grannies could come back..... :)))

Leah said...

Fantastic finds, I love Granny squares too!

ECOINSPIRED said...

So sweet! They remind me of my Nan and all of the blankets she made for my babies. I'll have to dig them out of the cupboard one day and reminisce.

sue said...

hee hee - I am sitting here with a larger version over my lap as we speak - it is bloody cold in the Barossa just now! Great score Thea and they will tie in beautifully with your Moose and Bird cushions I think.

Related Posts with Thumbnails