Wednesday 16 March 2011

Upholstery Class

I dream of having our home furnished with fabrics screen-printed by our own hands and it will happen this year!

I am slowly acquiring unique pieces and upcycling is the word. Recently I purchased this wonderful Slipper Chair from Katherine of The Old Boathouse. The fabric has seen better days and is old and discoloured so I have been waiting to have it recovered with Thea & Sami linens.

I will have to wait a little longer but I will be doing it myself. I've just enrolled in an Upholstery Class that will be held as part of the McGregor Winter School at USQ in Toowoomba.

Do you want to join me? The course will be held during the first week of July. You can see details of the school here. There are other classes too such as felting, jewellery making and drawing.

We will make time to visit the loveliest shop in town and perhaps catch up with our talented friend Anna for cupcakes. Yum!

10 comments:

NessaKnits said...

I need two Thea's. One in Gunning and one in QLD!

Sandrine said...

Oh that an exciting class Thea!Not this time for me but hopefully one day :)
Happy cup cake eating :)
Sandrine x

Charmaine Coombes said...

I stumbled on your blog today and just love the beautiful fabrics you create! I have included you in my blog post today.. Fabric Addiction!

http://littlecovedesign.blogspot.com/2011/03/fabric-addiction.html

Mimi said...

Oh Thea you will love this class! I have a beautiful friend who did Upholstery Classes a few years ago. She has created beautiful pieces. Mimi xx

Jenny said...

I would LOVE to join you for that course but Toowoomba is just a little too far for me even though I don't mind traveling.... I hope you enjoy the course and I can't wait to see your chair made over or re-purposed or upcycled.... ;-)

julie said...

Have you decided on which fabric you will upholster the chair in Thea?

Tracey said...

Oh, how fabulous Thea - that's going to be a great class ... it's going to be wonderful to see your 'new' chair come to life. :)

posie blogs Jennie McClelland said...

CLEVER!! How lucky, Dan looks so cheerful, love Posie

Anna Bartlett said...

Thea! I've just seen this post, and yes, of course you should come visit!

sandy said...

I just love your chair. Have wanted one like that forever. Enjoy redoing it!

Related Posts with Thumbnails